Here are 10 Core Values of Jesus as defined by himself in Matthew 6-7
1. Do the Right Things for the Right Reasons: Is your heart to be noticed by what you do by others, or by Jesus? You can do all the good works you want and if your works is based on your ego being elevated...than that is your reward.
2. Pray God's agenda...not your own! Are you asking God for your agenda to be accomplished or his?
3. The relationship you keep will make you or break you. You just might have to let go some friends that are keeping you from moving to the next step of faith and glory. Imagine if Abraham would have listened to his friends and stayed instead of listening to God and going. Your very relationships could be what is keeping you stationary and not experiencing all that God is.
4. Keep your persepective on eternal things...not temoral things. Are you more worried about the water bill than the creator of the water itself. We so often get focused on the things here and now, and those things take up our attention instead of God.
5. Don't sweat the small stuff. Are you worrying about tomorrow and what it has to offer instead of living in today?
6. God's kindgom is paramount...seek it first above all else.
7. Judge yourself before you decide to judge others. You are not perfect! Judging yourself keeps you humble and compassionate.
8. If you need something ask. If you have something give it! Try asking God for what you want...he wants to give it to you. He also wants you to be willing to give what you have! When you heart is set on him and not your stuff, you vision is clear. When you heart is set on your stuff you vision is focused on the stuff.
9. Stay true to your convictions.
10. Obdedience to God is the only sure foundation.